Soybeans belong to the pea family and are a significant source of protein, especially in Asian countries. Soy foods are the most popular among vegetarian people. It can be processed further into high-quality milk & other substitutes.
Soybean Seeds have hormone-like elements as phytoestrogen that is the same as oestrogen hormone and have some essential health benefits. Eating soy foods would further reduce many health risks such as stroke, cardiovascular disease, cancer, heart disease, and bone health.
Some evidence always shows that consumption of soy foods will reduce some major problems like postmenopausal and perimenopausal problems.
For research & study are expected in this regard. It is better to add whole soy foods to your diet. Concern your dietician and doctor for more guidance.
Soybeans Nutrition Profile:
It is a high-quality protein-rich food. It is an alternative to meats as it has essential substances found in meat products.
Its so-called features are:
• High fiber content
• High protein content
• Low amount of saturated fat
• Free from lactose and cholesterol
• A good source for omega-3 acid
• Rich in antioxidants
• High in hormone substance known as phytoestrogens.
Main Soy Products:
Vegetarians consume soybeans in different ways.
Soy foods can be categorised into both fermented and unfermented ways. Fermented products have tempeh, miso, soy sauce, and natto while soymilk, tofu, soy nuts, edamame, sprouts come under unfermented foods.
Some foods belong to the iron & calcium sources like tempeh and tofu.
Less Used Soy Foods:
This is a so-called second-generation soy product in Australia. It includes burgers, tofu sausages, soy pasta, soy bread, soy cheeses, and yoghurts.
You may also expect some products filled with magnificent soy ingredients like lecithin found in baked goods and chocolates.
Phytoestrogens & Soybeans:
Phytoestrogen is a natural harmonic substance found in soy plants. Under the right environmental conditions, it would replicate the action of oestrogen, the female hormone. But its power is quite less and not harmful for female bodies.
There are other subsets of phytoestrogens like isoflavones. It is a type of antioxidant with some unknown physiological effects as well.
Isoflavones are only found in soybeans. It varies with food preparation, soy food type, and brand. Some of the expensive resources are soy nuts and soy flour.
Some Positives of Soybeans Related to Our Health:
Soybean Seeds Suppliers India mark it as the essential food item if we want to bring ourselves evergreen and healthy.
It has some great health benefits with enough fiber and protein content as well.
• Consumption of soy foods reduces the risk of coronary diseases and cardiovascular effects.
• It is essential for women as it consists of oestrogen subsets and fewer cholesterol levels. It reduces many raised risk factors for women.
• It reduces BP and LDL cholesterol contents in the body. It injects HDL i.e., good cholesterol for our healthy lifestyle.
• Whole soy foods can do magic and manage our overall body weight in a significant manner.
• It is an alternative approach to consume soy food instead of meat.
Hence, you can mark all the benefits of soybeans and use them in your daily diet to some extent.